Principal’s Report

It has been another busy Term with some tremendous highlights: –

School Production – On The Verge

The Production was a great success and provided a wonderful vehicle for our students to develop and display their skills; such as singing and dancing, acting and comedy to  support by a highly professional backstage crew including sound and lighting.  Our students worked hard in rehearsals over many months.  Students from a couple of our local primary schools enjoyed a dress rehearsal and then they delivered to full houses each night. I spoke to the cast on the night and told them that I had been in education for over 30 years and had attended every school production put on by my school in that time.  I went on to tell them that I ranked this production in my top three ever and I meant it!  I enjoyed it from start to finish and was so proud.  We have previously recognised the teachers who worked so hard to support our students.  I know they appreciated the support from their colleagues and so many others who supported the production in large and small ways.  Once again, my hearty congratulations to all involved.

Variety Night

Another wonderful opportunity for our talented students to display their amazing talents.  Our musicians displayed their musical skills in ensembles, bands, choirs and individually; from classical, to pop to rap and every other musical genre.  All were well received by a delighted audience.  Thank you to the music teachers, instrumental music teachers and their colleagues who supported the night so well.  All the performers and backstage crew including the students who ran the lighting and sound deserve a rousing round of applause.

Blabbermouth Public Speaking Competition

A group of student leaders decided there was a need for an opportunity for students to develop their public speaking skills and thus Blabbermouth was born.  They took this idea to Mr Sainsbery and he actively supported their initiative.  The City of Casey became involved and now Blabbermouth is open to students from all City of Casey schools.  It shows what can be achieved by a group of students with a good idea and the energy and  commitment to  see it through.    Well done to our student  leaders  and  competitors  alike  and  of  course

Mr Sainsbery deserves a pat on the back too!

Sporting Competitions

Congratulations to all the students who represented this school so well in many sporting competitions this Term.  Many teams and individuals progressed through local to regional and some to State levels in their sport.  The students have been actively supported by teachers who have coached and organised so many events.

SAFE HOLIDAYS

We would like to take this opportunity to wish all members of the college community a safe and happy third Term holiday.  Our senior students will need to balance this time with their continuing studies to ensure that they return for Term 4 well prepared for their upcoming examinations.  All students studying Unit 3 and 4 subjects at the college are reminded that they have additional sessions timetabled during the holidays.

Sue Peddlesden, Adele Duffy, Kathie Toth & Paul Thorne

Translate »