Year 10 Work Experience

YEAR 10 WORK EXPERIENCE, JUNE 2015 – READ ALL ABOUT IT !!!

The film review contained below  and the accompanying reflection were just some of the tasks undertaken by Chloe Allison, during her Work Experience week at the Pakenham Gazette. Chloe’s experience was reflective of the success of the program for many of our students with some wonderful feedback from students and employers alike.

http://pakenham.starcommunity.com.au/gazette/2015-08-24/ant-man-up-to-scale/

The Year 10 Student Management Team

Chloe Allison V1

YEAR 10 WORK EXPERIENCE ARTICLE BY CHLOE ALLISON, 10I

chloe picI completed my Work Experience at the Star News Group and much to Mr Barker’s delight I am in fact still alive. Compared to what I heard from what the majority of my friends were doing, I know I was fortunate to have a placement somewhere that didn’t make me complete tasks such as raking sand and laminating hundreds of sheets of paper. Coming into the experience I knew I wanted to pursue a career in media and after my week at the Star News Group, I am considering journalism as an option. I’m still pretty sure I’d prefer to follow a path that will lead me to becoming a movie director, but I do like the concept of being a journalist. The idea of an office job has never really appealed, however, during my Work Experience week I’ve realised journalism isn’t really an office job. After my experience, I will not underestimate how lucky I am to have such a quick commute to school as I have arrived early and left late every day because my mum needed to get to work. Rumours are floating about that each of the Year 10 students will have to do a presentation on what they did for Work Experience; I do believe I am prepared for that task as I have saved the work I have completed over the week. I enjoyed writing but hadn’t realised until that experience that newspapers aren’t written paragraphs. As for questions about journalism it’s the usual story, since I’m trying to think of any my mind is coming to blank. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank the Star News Group for allowing me to do my Work Experience.

Translate »