Year 11 VCE IT students

YEAR 11 VCE IT STUDENTS

Year 11 VCE IT students had an opportunity to apply their IT knowledge in a project for a real client and in the process to experience what it would be like to work in a ‘real world’ situation. One group of students were asked to build a website for emerging author Julie Dascoli (and mother of a former Gleneagles Secondary College student). The aim of the website was to create for Julie a web presence for her writing, allow her to blog about her writing and sell some of her books. The work done by Shaun, Armin, David, Murtaza and Nawid was acknowledged by Julie (all pictured below) in her most recent blog which can be found at http://www.juliedascoli.com/blog a copy of which has been reproduced below:

IT students

My website is finally up and running thanks to a Year 11 IT class at Gleneagles Secondary College in Endeavour Hills. The group of five boys Shaun, Nawid, Armin, David and Murtaza under the tutelage of their teacher Mr Van Der Westhuizen were outstanding. Their skill, communication, competence and professionalism was second to none. I finally got to meet up with the boys yesterday to do the ‘handover.’ I only hope I can manage it all myself and do the site justice. Thank you so much to Gleneagles, Mr Van Der Westhuizen and Shaun and his team. I really appreciate all your hard work and I wish you all well in your future endeavours.

Julie Dascoli

Mr Van Der Westhuizen, IT/Maths/Cyber Security

Translate »