Principal’s Bulletin (on internet use)

How do you monitor your children’s use of the internet?  What are reasonable rules and boundaries?  What do you do if your child is cyber bullied?

I have put together a short article with some reflections on these challenging questions.

To open the link, click here Principal’s Bulletin 12 February, 2018  

Principal’s Bulletin 12 February, 2018 Further resources

I was contacted by a parent after my article on internet use in yesterday’s Principal’s Bulletin.  The parent found the resources available on the eSafety Commissioner’s website useful and suggested I shared these with our parent body.  So I have.  Thanks Maureen for the suggestion.

I have written the short article below to make it easy to access the eSafety Commissioners resource via links:

What to do if you have concerns?

The eSafety Commissioner is responsible for promoting online safety for all Australians.  You will find helpful resources on the e safety commissions web site via this link

The eSafety Commissioner provides information

• on how to report cyber bullying and make complaints,
  • an interactive guide on how to be safe secure with the connected devices in your life
  • and Social media safety centres for multiple platforms (social media, games etc) that provides advice to help you deal with a range of online safety issues, including cyberbullying, online abuse and protecting your privacy.  The safety centre often gives you a direct link to report issues directly to the platform.
Translate »