Gleneagles Secondary College aims to ensure that each student achieves their personal best. At year 12 we provide programs based on the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), giving students the opportunity to follow a diverse range of pathways that suit their individual needs, skills and interests. Students can also study one VET study off campus to compliment their VCE program.
We have experienced staff that work closely with our senior students to help select their VCE program and plan their career pathway for when they graduate from Gleneagles Secondary College. Our careers counsellor organises at least two individual interviews with all Year 12 students. VCE mentors also provide support as students consider options for the future.
Year 12 VCE Students are provided with:
· a purpose built VCE study centre
· extra tutorial classes
· a wide range of subject specific seminars
Year 12 Programs & Activities include:
· Interschool Sports Programs
· Leadership Roles
· Homework Club
· Friday Breakfast Club
· Student Activities and Leadership Team
· Instrumental Music Programs
· 5 VCE selected subjects studied (details of these listed under the ‘Curriculum’ section)
YEAR 12 STUDY SKILLS CAMP
At the beginning of the school year, all VCE students attend a study skills camp, with the Year 12 camp held at three different University campuses in Melbourne. The objectives of the camp are to prepare the students for the demands and expectations of Year 12 and for them to experience life as a university student. Some of the workshops during the camp include goal setting, selecting and applying for tertiary courses through VTAC, ATAR/scaling presentation and timelines with key assessment dates. Students attend workshops on study habits and techniques to provide practical advice on how to study more effectively.
VTAC & CAREERS COUNSELLING
Every Year 12 student receives careers advice throughout the year, including:
· Presentation on Tertiary options at year 12 camp (February)
· The Tertiary Information Service and expo (June)
· VCE information night (August)
· Individual counselling and career planning (throughout the year)
· Assistance with VTAC applications for tertiary studies (Victoria, interstate and overseas institutions)
· SEAS and Scholarship applications (August / September)