The transitional phase from primary to secondary schooling can be a stressful period requiring extra support and care. Our Year 7 program aims to establish a safe and supportive platform from which our students can grow. We offer exposure to a range of programs and experiences designed to assist our students in developing academically, physically and emotionally.
Year 7 Programs & Activities include:
• Anti bullying campaigns
• Cyber Bullying education
• Regular student-driven assemblies which allow students to showcase their leadership, musical and performing abilities in a supportive environment
• Interschool sports programs
• Literacy & Numeracy centre experiences through our Learning Enrichment Centre
• Homework Club
• Student Voice
• Instrumental Music Programs
• 1:1 core curriculum subjects (details of these listed under the ‘Curriculum’ section)
YEAR 7 TRANSITIONS CAMP- ACE HI RANCH
One aspect of our approach in creating a sense of belonging and community is our annual orientation camp run at Ace Hi Ranch in Cape Schank near the Mornington Peninsula. Students participate in a range of activities such as the giant swing, flying fox, and rock climbing. The camp provides students with the fantastic opportunity to socialise with both their peers and Home Group teachers, fostering the development of strong, ongoing relationships.
YEAR 7 BBQ
The Year 7 BBQ is an annual event in the Gleneagles calendar at the beginning of Term 1. The BBQ provides the opportunity for students, parents and staff alike to mingle and socialise in an informal and friendly environment, strengthening connections between students’ school and home lives.