Against Bullying Policy
Gleneagles Secondary College is committed to providing a safe and respectful learning environment where bullying will not be tolerated.
The purpose of this policy is to:
- explain the definition of bullying
- make clear that all forms of bullying at Gleneagles Secondary will not be tolerated
- ask that everyone in our school community be alert to signs and evidence of bullying behaviour, and accept responsibility to report bullying behaviour to school staff
- ensure that all reported incidents of bullying are appropriately investigated and addressed
- ensure that support is provided to students who may be affected by bullying behaviour (including victims, bystanders and perpetrators)
- seek parental and peer group support in addressing and preventing bullying behaviour at Gleneagles Secondary
When responding to bullying behaviour, Gleneagles Secondary aims to:
- be proportionate, consistent and responsive
- find a constructive and positive solution for everyone
- stop the bullying from happening again
- restore the relationships between the students involved
We acknowledge that school staff owe a duty of care to students to take reasonable steps to reduce the risk of reasonably foreseeable harm, which can include harm that may be caused by bullying behaviour.
Please click on the link to view the Colleges complete Against Bullying Policy