Against Bullying Policy
Gleneagles Secondary College is committed to providing a safe and respectful learning environment where bullying will not be tolerated.
The purpose of this policy is to:
- explain the definition of bullying
- make clear that all forms of bullying at Gleneagles Secondary will not be tolerated
- ask that everyone in our school community be alert to signs and evidence of bullying behaviour, and accept responsibility to report bullying behaviour to school staff
- ensure that all reported incidents of bullying are appropriately investigated and addressed
- ensure that support is provided to students who may be affected by bullying behaviour (including victims, bystanders and perpetrators)
- seek parental and peer group support in addressing and preventing bullying behaviour at Gleneagles Secondary
When responding to bullying behaviour, Gleneagles Secondary aims to:
- be proportionate, consistent and responsive
- find a constructive and positive solution for everyone
- stop the bullying from happening again
- restore the relationships between the students involved
We acknowledge that school staff owe a duty of care to students to take reasonable steps to reduce the risk of reasonably foreseeable harm, which can include harm that may be caused by bullying behaviour.